Friday, February 6, 2009

A very busy week

With the start of track season this week I have been very busy and unable to update the blog as much as I would like. The night shift has become much shorter. However, that doesn't mean I haven't been able to do some amount of work in the hangar. To start off I'll post some pictures from the application of my aileron gap seals:





















I've also been working on another dust collector just to relieve some stress from the almost completed tomcat build. It's a Hasegawa F/A-18A Hornet. The model fits together remarkably well and will be completed...eventually...in a surprise scheme.








As if enough projects weren't already underway, I have also started the Sig Hog Bipe that I received for Christmas. My father and I have been building the upper wing, and so far it's been a very nice kit..and looks to stay that way for the remainder of the build.








As far as the Pitts is concerned we did a little maintenance this past weekend. We removed the top of the cowling and the right forward boot cowl in order to add brake fluid, trim up some of the edges and do a general inspection and little clean up of the aircraft. I also flew the Pitts over the weekend, and completed one of my longest aerobatic sessions so far: 40 minutes. I was able to fly two complete 2009 Intermediate Known routines as well as practice some individual maneuvers before taking the box for a mini airshow-type routine. It was a blast and I'm hoping the weather holds out this weekend in order to try my new intermediate free sequence.

















SLICK

1 comment:

  1. I'm wondering how you decide what to work on when you have a million projects going...I guess I am too OCD to have more than one project going at one time!!

    ReplyDelete