Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Beginning and End

Well, the past couple of days have been pretty exciting! After seven months of work I have finally completed my 1/48 scale CH-53E from HMT-302. The model has received a lot of attention and In my opinion it is my best model to date.


The in progress thread on ARC is located here.
Pictures of the completed model are located here.

Another major milestone tonight was the running of my father's Hit and Miss engine. It was exciting to see the engine turn from a box of metal on the front porch into a working machine!

A video of one of the first engine runs here.

Now, for the beginning! We've started work on my new Raven wings! So far we've made the boards for the lower wing rib jigs and we will soon be assembling the lower ribs!


SLICK

4 comments:

  1. Cool Wes!! And I think it's interesting (maybe weird?!) that you and dad are into little steam engines now. But I'm a girl, what do I know? I guess I should be proud that you are branching out? Hehehehe....neat stuff! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Slick, Or Wes? like everyone Im really impressed with your airventure video. Im a pilot for a major airlines and working on a project with a group of high school kids and wanted to start the presentation with your video and giving you complete credit. Is this possible to do without first going through youtube? Im limited on the computer skills and will seek some of the tech kids for that help. Thank you in advance for your help and also the grreat video!
    David B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have givin my email to you for follow up if you would prefer to answer that way.

    David Belcher
    dbelcher1@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go right ahead and use the video! Thanks for the comments everyone!

    ReplyDelete