Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Video...only a tad more popular than I thought...

***UPDATE***At the time of writing this I have just received a youtube honor...something that's fairly close to impossible unless it was shown on TV, someone gets hurt, or it's a music video. This week, thanks to everyone viewing the new Airventure video, it ranked #83 of the top 100 viewed videos for youtube. That mean, out of every video viewed on youtube, the new Airventure video is #83. Thanks again for everyone who watched!

It's been five days since I've uploaded the Airventure 2009 review video, and the view count...ratings...and comments are off the charts. It has exceeded expectations twenty fold! At the time of writing it has 21,633 views. THAT IS INSANE! I was not expecting anything more than maybe 1,200 views...maybe. To quote my father, "It just keeps feeding itself."

The video's fame has also brought the attention of some veteran videographers, XCOR (creators of the "Rocket Racing League"), and AVweb, which plan on hosting the video on their website Thursday.

Thanks again to all those who have taken the five minutes out of their lives to watch the video!

Also, I've been writing a photo essay for each day of the Airventure trip. You can check that out here.

SLICK

6 comments:

  1. I being a staff member at EAA, I truely loved the video. Someday I would love to produce such a tresured video like yours...tell 2010! Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for the complements and watching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude - you rock! Literally :-)

    @manp

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just watched the video, introduced to it by AvWeb. FANTASTIC! My son (also an Eagle Scout and a Sophmore NROTC Midshipman) and I attended Oshkosh this year and I just sent a link to the video to all my friends telling them that its the best video I found so far to convey the atmosphere at AirVenture and does a GREAT job of explaining why we go back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed the video, and best of luck to your son!

    ReplyDelete