Sunday, March 1, 2009

Busy Sunday

All day Saturday I was at a track meet, which left me with a lot of play time I needed to make up on Sunday. Today I painted all but the final color on the hornet. The model is getting close. I also prep'd the Tomcat canopy in order to spray the first color soon.

My father did quite a bit of work on the Hog Bipe as well. The bottom wings panels have been joined together and the leading edge sheeting sanded.

I took the Pitts out for a flight only to have it cut short by annoying canopy issues. Once I landed we immediately began work to fix these problems. The right side has been sliding open recently due to part of the rail moving farther forward than it's supposed to. The left side has always slid open just slightly, but I was tired of this happening. The fixes are in place now, and hopefully I will be able to test the canopy tomorrow...as well as show off the new camera location.

Although I didn't fly the Pitts a second time, my father and I did take the Clipper around the patch for a little more than half an hour. The weather today was excellent, and the forecast shows the same for most of the week.

DIRTY SIDE UP!

SLICK

No comments:

Post a Comment